Sathya Sai Education follows the pedagogy of Integral Education. The main features of this pedagogy are:
- Creating an environment and culture of selfless love that is conducive to the emergence of the innate universal human values;
- Use of the Five Teaching Techniques designed to elicit human values;
- Emphasis on guide/teacher as exemplar of the human values;
- Encouraging self-discipline, self-sacrifice, and selfless service to one’s community;
- Nurturing self-confidence and personal integrity through the awareness that one’s own conscience is the ultimate criterion for distinguishing right from wrong;
- Providing a rational, intellectual, and intuitive basis for spirituality in daily life, emphasizing the harmonious development of head, heart, and hands.
- Such pedagogy is consistent with the great and enduring approaches to education represented by the work of John Dewey, Horace Mann, Maria Montessori, Lev Vygotsky, and Rudolf Steiner, to name just a few.